Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Define

I guess it's just me. To me, Big Family isn't the usual parents & siblings relationship. It's everyone, inclusive of grandparents, cousins, aunts & uncles.
For the past 3 years, I've been delusive thinking that Big Family will always be by your side no matter what happens.
When you're no one, people would leave you but when you have everything, people would scramble to you just so they could get into that circle. I learnt a whole lot this year. Family isn't who you're bonded with by blood. It's who that would actually be there in your times of joy and needs. 

Blood is thicker than water. 
You got that right. But add water to it, the consistency would turn out the same.
If you're part of the Big family but acts no different than a stranger, are you really that family?

But even if majority left, there is still the few left that, whether you like it or not, still considers you family. Surprise phone calls, emails & messages that says something along the line of "I miss you. How have you been?" can make anyone cry. Even if you're a man.

Even if I've rambled on the water & blood theory, Family is Family, no matter how much you choose to deny it, the blood is still flowing and there's nothing in this world that can change that.
This whole post is confusing. Even I am confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment